Monday, August 11, 2008

Brown County

My family went down to Brown County, Friday to Sunday, and we all stayed together in a farm house. We left on Friday morning and we took our car, which had Kyle, Jim, Amanda, Jen, and me. Everything was fine, until we got to Indy and Amanda started getting car sick....we pulled off quickly, she relaxed a bit and then we were back on the road..for like 2 minutes, then we pulled off again! This continued another 2 times before Kyle just let her drive. Well lets just say, her driving was a bit off! I think we were all sick when we got there! I still love her though :)




We finally made it down and our cabin was in the middle of BFE and I mean BFE. Our closest neighbors were cows! We played some horseshoes, ladder ball, had sprint races, wheel barrel races, and then fixed steaks on the grill. We all hung out on the back porch, which was awesome, and then played games together that night.







The next day we headed into the town of Nashville and did some shopping. I didn't find much, country really isn't my thing. But we did find some neat Purdue stuff and TONS of candy. I went a little wild in the candy store. They had candy that I had when I was a kid and I had to get it!! Rock Candy, Cry Babies, Cow Tails, Pop Rocks, Big League Chew, Candy Cigarettes, we got it all :) Kyle hadn't had Pop Rocks before and he loved them, but he made a couple funny faces when he realized what they did!!


We came back and played more horseshoes, a game of family football until dinner. Jenny and I worked on our cheerleading moves and Kyle attempted to do cart wheels with us! We watched a little bit of the Colts game and after a long day, we relaxed in the hot tub!




Sunday morning we went back into Nashville and had old time portraits taken, which was sooo funny! I will post them once I scan them in. We headed to Bob Evans for breakfast and then headed home.

It was a nice and relaxing vacation. The cabin was perfect for all of us and I am sure we will be back next year!