Monday, September 22, 2008

Mr. & Mrs. Hanson!!

On Thursday we headed up to Merrillville for Lindsey & Johnny's wedding. I met Lindsey my freshman year at Purdue and we lived together for the next 3 years! I was so honored to be one of her bridesmaids and was so happy to witness their union of husband and wife! It was quite a trip up their considering 65 was closed, so we ended up taking 43 straight up and it was actually a nice drive.
Thursday night was the rehearsal and dinner and everything went smooth as butter! Kyle was feeling under the weather, but he was a real champ and never complained once...love ya babe!

Friday morning we went and got our hair down, my hair was okay.....there was WAY too many bobby pins and my head felt like a hundred pounds, but I think the girl did the best she could considering I have such thick hair! After hair we swung by to see how Lindsey was doing at her makeup session. Apparently, her hair appointment ran over, she was late to makeup and when we got there, she was having a crisis! The makeup was running down her face and causing her face to look blotchy! After many attempts, they finally fixed it and we were good to go! Only running an hour late, could be worse I guess!
We get to her parents house for outdoor pictures and the flowers are all wrong! Lindsey asked for certain things not to be in the bouquets and they were! She was okay with it though and I thought they looked awesome! We take some pictures and about half way through someone notices that Lindsey has dirt all down the back of her gown!! OH NO!!! We call David's Bridal and they tell us to us Vivid or a little detergent and water. We didn't have Vivid and the detergent was NOT working so we were stuck! We decided to high tail it to David's Bridal before we go to the church! Luckily the limo was early and we all piled in and off we go! We get there and they had the stain out in no time....that stuff was amazing and you couldn't even tell where the dirt was! A BIG thanks to the staff at David's Bridal, they were amazing and Lindsey was so grateful to them!! Off to the wedding! We arrival late (of course, have you ever driven on 30!!) but it was fine, the wedding went great and everything was perfect for the rest of the night! I give Lindsey some BIG props for never breaking down once! If any of those things happened to me on my wedding day I think I would have had a nervous breakdown, but she was calm as a clam!!
The reception was wonderful! They are so happy together and even though they are complete opposites, they really fit each other so well! It was really fun to remember the good old times and all the good fun we had in college. The best part was when Johnny (an all state wrestler in high school) stripped off his tux right before the garter toss and went in for the garter with his wrestling outfit on!! SO FREAKING FUNNY!! The happy couple is off to a cruise in the Caribbean, they are even stopping by St. Martin, where Kyle and I went on our honeymoon! I wish them all the happiness as they begin their life together....Congrats!!!