Anyways, it is very challenging being back to work. The little time I have with Elizabeth when I get home goes by so fast. By the time you get dinner done and cleaned up, we only have like 2 hours and we still have to give her a bath and feed her. Not to mention other house chores that need to be done..OH and the little fact that we have to go to bed early, so I can wake up at 5AM to start another day!! I am sure this will all get easier...it has to right??!!!
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
1st Day Back.....
Well the day that I have been dreading has come and gone. It was pretty much what I expected. I didn't start crying until we started walking down the hall to her classroom. You'll notice in the picture my eyes are very red (I had to pull myself together so Kyle could snap a picture). I handed her off to the teacher and bolted out of there because the tears were streaming! Kyle gave me a hug and told me it would be okay (which I knew it would be fine) and I was off to work. I was actually excited about going back to work and my co-workers even had my door all decked out when I got there! 

It's hard writing this blog because I am sure everyone is wanting to know my feelings and what is harder, staying at home or working and blah, blah. Well to tell you the truth I'm not sure what I feel right now. I miss my baby A LOT and am feeling very guilty about leaving her. BUT I also enjoy being back to work. Would I quit tomorrow if we won the lottery, Hell Yah! Would I want to stay at home everyday for the rest of my life, No way! I don't like either option, staying at home is boring and really brings down my self-confidence, esteem and in all honesty makes me feel a little depressed. But on the other hand working is well means being away from your child and missing all the little moments. For me I had no choice (no I take that back, everyone has choices) going back to work is the only way that we can maintain the lifestyle we are living. And you know what, I don't like when women debate the whole working vs. stay at home mom. It is a very personal choice and every mom has to do what's best for her. I think both are hard and women should support each other, not look for reasons to hate. That is one thing I've learned after being a mom. You know what, some people may not agree with our parenting style or the decisions we make, but guess what......who cares??!! Everyone has their own chance to raise their kids, it's our turn and we get to make those choices.
