Monday, November 16, 2009

5 Months!


Elizabeth is 5 months old! I can't believe I am putting away most of her 3-6 clothing and getting out 6 months! It has gone by too fast! Thank god we are having more children or I might be having major meltdowns at each growth spurt!

She is such a sweet baby. She is at her best in the mornings. She wakes up bright and early with a smile on everyday! I am so thankful I have another morning person in the family (Kyle is no fun in the mornings). She is so excited to see Kyle and I when she wakes up. She starts shaking her legs and arms and giggles!! You can just see in her eyes that she loves us so much, it really starts our day out positive!

Elizabeth has been up to a lot these days! She has started to sit up! That's right, she hasn't even rolled over and she is already sitting up! She is obviously pretty shaky, I give her 2 weeks and she should be good to go!! She can usually stay balanced for about 30sec-1 minute. She can also drink out of sippy cup. No, No not milk, just a little water. She is always very interested whenever Kyle and I are drinking something and she is always reaching for our cups, so I thought what the heck, I will see if she can actually hold a cup and she can! And no, I don't offer her water very much. She has only had it twice and I realize she doesn't need it at all, but I think she just likes to play with the cup (I don't think she is actually drinking all that much of it!). She is also gabbing all the time! She likes to stick her fingers in her mouth and then try to have a conversation! It is so cute! She will start gabbing and then get excited about something and start wailing her hands around! She found her feet too! Well, she found her feet about a month ago, but didn't really pay much attention to them. NOW, she is always playing with her feet! It is getting harder to change her diaper when she won't let go of her feet! Speaking of not letting go, the girl has a grip on her! She now grabs on to whatever she sees! Earrings (ouch!), hair (ouch!), clothing, you name it! And the sweetest thing of all....she gives kisses!! Well more like open mouth tongue, but hey it works!

We love our little girl so much, it's hard for us to remember what our life was like before EJ. She is truly the best thing that has ever happened :)

Q&A time! I've been getting some of the same questions, so for all your wondering minds out there (all 10 of you!)....

Are you still nursing?
Yes, I am! Actually nursing was the biggest shocker for me! I never wanted to nurse, but I decided to give it a try. It is the best thing ever (for me at least, I don't judge other people!). I am going to try to make it to 12 months. We will see......

Does she eat baby food yet?
No. The doc said it would be okay to start, but Kyle and I don't see a reason. She doesn't need it right now, so why spend money when you don't have to. Plus, once you start, you can't stop. We will start around Christmas time.

Has she stayed over night without you?
That is a big NO. First off, I am nursing that would pretty much be impossible. Second, why would a 5 month old stay over night for no good reason? A baby needs to be with their parents. If there was a good reason (ie. Kyle and I HAD to go/be somewhere) than "maybe". That won't happen until way after she is one, if not two.

How is it being a parent?
In one word, hard. Don't get me wrong, Elizabeth is wonderful and being her mom is awesome. The baby part itself, is easy. It's everything else that is hard. It's hard leaving her child, it's hard not having enough time, it's hard not being able to do the things you once could do, it's hard balancing everything, it's hard pleasing everyone, it's hard to be under the watchful eye of other judging parents, it's just hard! At the end of the day, all Kyle and I care about is that all 3 of us are happy and healthy and we all know how much we love each other. Nothing else matters and sometimes that is a hard reality to face, not just for us, but for everyone.

How are you and Kyle doing?
We are great! Having a child has brought us closer together. They say starting family either makes you or breaks you. For us, it made us! I think we were born to have a large family. We are both great parents (or so I think!). We put EJ above ourselves and always have her best interest at heart. We are a great team and never let anything come between us. We said from day one, when we start a family, that's it. We will always stick together. We did a lot of talking the past three years and we pretty much decided how we were going to raise our family. So in lack of not so many words, we are better than we have ever been and speaking for myself, I love Kyle more today than I did when I married him. He is the best dad and husband!!