
That's right we are EXPECTING!!! Most of you already knew, but I thought now was the time to officially announce it on the blog since our first doctor's appointment was Friday. Okay, now the good part; the very long story of how all this came about! Sit back and relax, because I don't leave much out :) Kyle and I had been trying since May, so by the time September rolled around and nothing we were thinking this might be harder than we thought! After my September period, I bought ovulation tests, that track when you are ovulating and we tried that for October. Well it worked because by the time October 14th rolled around and no period, we were getting our hopes up! I waited until the day after my missed period to take a home test and sure enough on October 15th, the little stick turned up 2 lines instantly! I think we were both in shock, like no it's wrong. We didn't let ourselves get excited because we had a false positive on a home test before. So I called my doctor and scheduled a blood test for the next morning. They called me the next day, the day before my birthday and said it was POSITIVE! WOW!! Now we were excited, well actually I was feeling excited, shocked, nervous, scared, everything!!! I didn't feel pregnant, I didn't think I looked pregnant, but hey I AM pregnant!
So now we had the task of telling our parents. I had taken a picture of our positive home test so we took it to CVS and added some text to it and then bought each set of parents a frame to put it in. We told each set of parents that is was a late anniversary gift (they both believed us!) and BAM, they knew! They both had great reactions! This will be Kyle's parents only grandchild (well for the time being, until we have more!) since Kyle is an only child and my parents haven't had a baby in the family for 11 years! Both sets of families are just so excited and that makes us both happy!
We kept it a secret for 3 weeks until after our first appointment, which like I said was Friday. (Okay, so now we are up to Friday) Friday we were so anxious to find out what was going on! We went in for an ultrasound and got to hear the heartbeat, that was just so life changing! I can't even explain the feeling of the little heart beating, I think my heart skipped a few beats! The baby's heart rate was 143 bpm. Everything looked great and we were just flying high with excitement! We were told we were 7 weeks and 3 days and our due date was June 24, 2008! Perfect, I always wanted a summer baby! (and people said I couldn't plan it!) After the ultrasound we met with our doctor and she answered our basic questions, gave us information, and we were on our way! Beaming with that new parents glow I am sure!!
Over the weekend we told mostly everyone else. We just so happened to be going to by Aunt's house for my Grandpa's 80th birthday party, so my Mom bought me this shirt (see picture below ) and I unveiled it at the party! It was nice to be able to tell everyone at once and in person!
So that brings us up to today and I will be 8 weeks on Wednesday. I have not had any morning sickness and overall I am feeling great. Yesterday, I was very tired and took several naps, which is NOT like me! Chalk it up to pregnancy! I think being pregnant is just so wonderful and don't think it should be taken for granted! Now we are counting down the days until our next ultrasound in January when we find out the sex!! Then it will be counting down the days until our bundle of joy arrives and we are a family of 3!
I think Kyle is just really excited to adding to our family. He always talks about how we are our own family and we need to make our own traditions, so I think he is just thinking of all the neat things we will be able to do now that we will have a child!! A child makes everything better :) And now our lives will never be the same and we can't wait!!!




Update: I left out a vital part of the story!!! My good friend Audra emailed me on Monday (I think) of the week that I was supposed to start and asked if I was pregnant because she had a dream that I WAS! I told her No, not that I knew, but I would let her know in a couple days because I was supposed to start soon! Well, she was right!!! Thanks Audra for being my crystal ball!! Now when are we going to win the lottery??? HHMMM.......
