Tuesday, May 26, 2009

36 Weeks

I've made it 36 weeks!! That is a big accomplishment if you think about where I was at 28 weeks! I went to the doctor on Friday, everything was fine. Heartbeat was 144, baby is head down (locked and loaded), and I was dilated 1/2 cm. Dr. Harrison did say that my cervix was very soft and she was expecting me to go shortly after I stopped my medicine (which is in 3 days). I had not gained any weight since last week (which is a sign labor is coming) and my total weigh gain so far is 21 pounds.

With that being said, after Friday, things started changing.

Kyle and I headed to Indy on Saturday to get a couple things from Babies R Us. Our trip was short and we headed back to Lafayette and decided to stop for lunch. At lunch, my tongue started going numb and it was like I couldn't hear. Everything was getting really strange and it was almost like I was going to pass out. It passed after a few minutes, but still very odd.

On Sunday we woke up and headed to the lake to watch the Indy 500. I noticed that my back seemed very stiff and the pain was getting a little more intense. By the end of the day, my back was killing me and the pain was running all the way down to my ankles. VERY uncomfortable! I thought for a short second, I might be in labor, but again I didn't have any other signs so I brushed it off.

Monday, woke up with MORE back pain. Even through the pain, I had the extreme need to clean! (nesting, I know!!) I cleaned the house and that included, cleaning the blinds, washing the shower curtains, bed skirts, wiping down the doors, cleaning out the fridge, and I attempted to clean the baseboards, but the back pain got in the way! We went to a cookout at Jeanette's and I was extremely irritable (ask my family!). My back was killing me and I just didn't feel like myself. We got groceries and came home. I took it easy the rest of the night, but I was so uncomfortable. I had been having blurred vision and headache's off and on.....I thought for sure, I was in labor. BUT again, nothing! Went to bed and woke up in the middle of the night (more like sprung up) and went straight to the bathroom and vomited! I attempted to yell for Kyle, but he couldn't hear me! I made it through, but again thought is THIS labor??!! I headed back to bed and thought my water broke. I got up and walked around for a bit.....nothing.

I came to work this morning and decided to call my doctor after all this craziness. Turns out, there is a chance I have toxemia. I have an appointment in 2 hours. I will know more then. As I type, I feel very strange. My body feels warm, I feel like this baby is going to drop out of me any minute, and I can't focus. I am feeling very emotional right now. I am scared, worried, excited, panicked, happy....so many emotions!! My labor bag is not all the way ready, the room is about 80% done, we haven't picked a name and I don't know if I am ready for this!!! Today could very well be the day........

I have posted a picture I took several weeks ago when we put the bed crown above her crib. We still have to put her initials in the middle (when we know them)!
Also here is a 36 week picture.....this might be my last.........