Wednesday, March 17, 2010

9 months!


Weight: 18 lbs. 10 ozs. (50%)
Height: 29 inches (75%)

She has hit a lot of milestones this past month. Of course you all know she is crawling now. She is a speed demon! You turn your head for one second and she is across the room! She is also pulling up on furniture and her toys now (you will see in the pictures)! She also got moved up to the big girl car seat! It is very different.....I think it's more work, but less weight! She was getting too heavy for me to lug around everywhere and since she has been sitting in carts and her stroller, we thought it was a good time to move her. Of course with all the good developmental milestones come the bad. She rarely gets mad or upset, but when she does...watch out! She will arch her back back and starting shaking her fists! She is quite the drama queen and knows how to pour it on thick!! Oh and then there's the no sleep situation! The girls will not sleep in her crib! What, let me re-phrase that...she will not sleep at night in the crib. She is fine for naps, but she will not go in there at night! I've done everything.....let her cry it out, stood over the crib rubbing her back, read her books, stayed in the room, played white noise, I've done everything all the books tell you to do....nothing works! So she is still in the co-sleeper, but she is getting too big and I'm not getting any sleep, because she is a light sleeper and wakes up throughout the night all night long! All you Mommy's of little ones give me your tips or suggestions! I need help!

We talked to her doctor about the sleeping situation and we were advised to re-start sleep training. She needs to be on a more structured schedule. I thought were were pretty structured but apparently she is not getting enough sleep. She needs 14 hours in one day. Right now we put her to bed around 7:30 and then she wakes up a 5:30am. So that is 10 hours, BUT she is waking up in the middle of the night a lot AND she is not taking solid naps. SO we really have to buckle down and get on this sleep thing! Last night we gave her a bath, feed her, and read her a book and then down in the crib she went. I laid her down at 7:33, she screamed (and I mean screamed!) until 8:29 and then silence. Kyle peaked his head in her room and she was wide awake staring at the door! Oh great.......but then at 8:33, he checked again and she was asleep! YAH, that only took a "nail biting" hour!! Then she woke back up at 12:30 I rocked her back to sleep but she would not go back in her crib! And at 12:30 my patience is a lot lower so back to her co-sleeper she went. This is going to be a long couple of weeks......