Friday, February 6, 2009

Week 20/21 Update

WARNING: LONG POST!!!
So I am now in between weeks 20 and 21. I am still about 2 days ahead of my due date. I had my doctors appointment today, but before that, I wanted to brief you on a few things that have happened in the past month. I will call this my "holy cow, I am really am pregnant" signs and symptoms.....Warning! Some of this may get graphic so prepare yourself!!

Okay first, my boobs are growing more and more everyday! I could probably be mistaken for Pam Anderson (from the chin down and belly button up)!! These puppies grew an entire bra size in my first month and now they keep on getting bigger! Every top I try on looks horrible. I used to have these cute little tops that weren't very revealing, but still showed a little bit of the goods and now I put these on and it's like I have a butt sitting on my chest...GROSS!!! Not to mention no bra is comfortable after the first couple hours and even my favorite time of the day, when I come home from work and instantly take my bra off, is even torture!! What's a girl to do, when you can't wear a bra or go without one!?!? But it is so worth it :)

I have read that when you are pregnant your gums bleed. I thought, this won't happen to me. I take really good care of my teeth! Well last week, I was brushing my teeth in the morning and I went to spit and there it WAS....my tooth brush was red and my spit was pink!! Oh no!! I thought, crap, I guess I need to make an appointment for the dentist. BUT, it hasn't happened since!! YAH :)

Mood swings! Oh my gosh, this past 2 weeks have been very weird and frustrating for me. First off, my memory is completely gone and I hate that! I had the best memory ever and now it's gone! I actually cried about losing my memory everyday for a week straight....which brings me to my next point.....emotional!! I have always been an emotional person, but this is a whole new level!! Everything and I mean everything bothers me! I hear a sad song, I cry; Kyle looks at me the wrong way, I cry; I see a skinny girl on tv, I cry; someone puts a new status up on facebook, I cry!!! It is to the point, that I am even annoying myself. I feel really bad for Kyle. I pretty much come home everyday and he never knows if he is going to get the "nice Jill", the "sad Jill", or the "BITCHY JILL".

Constipation...what does a girl have to do to get some relief!! Seriously this is my biggest and pretty much only complaint with pregnancy. For anyone that knows me, bowel movements have always been a sore subject and I pretty much center my life around them. Nothings changed expect for the fact that I CAN'T GO!! I push and push until I pop blood vessels in my eyes! Yah, yah I know you aren't supposed to push, but you obviously haven't' been stuffed up! One point, I had my feet propped up on the wall and my arms on the side of the toilet and I thought for sure it would work....Nothing! I ate everything possible to go. I even ate 5 prunes in one day and nothing! I've tried stool softeners, nothing! I drink water all day, I would probably say around 9-10 glasses and nothing! Finally a couple weeks ago, I found my one true love! Fiber One bars!!! I don't know why, but for some reason they do the trick for me. Now, they aren't perfect, I still get constipated, but they have helped me so much!! I really just want to give a big o'hug to the makers of Fiber one bars!! This leads me to the next point....

Pregnancy Gas!! Oh my! I can clear a room like no other! The sad thing is, I can't hold them in! I try really really hard too, especially at work! Luckily I have my own private office and I can let them flow pretty easy! Not much more to say about this...Kyle should be writing this part, I know he would have some pretty funny stories!!

Okay, so you heard what been going on with my body lately, but I don't want you to think that I am complaining, because I am not! I LOVE being pregnant! My body(physically) feels so good and I think I was born to have kids! Besides the constipation, I feel better being pregnant than when I wasn't...shocker I know! I don't miss anything. I don't miss alcohol, caffeine, junk food, nothing!

Okay, so on to my doctors appointment. There has been much discussion about my weigh lately. Pretty much everyone has made a comment about my weight. " I haven't gained enough weight" "you don't look pregnant", so on and so forth, so this was really bothering me. I know that I have been eating really healthy (Kyle will back me on this) and I was really starting to think that maybe I was doing something wrong. I shared my concerns with Dr. Harrison and she looked at my like I was crazy! She said, you are doing wonderful and your weight is fine! I have officially gained 1.5 pounds since getting pregnant. She said that J.J. is measuring even a little ahead of schedule and her weight is right where it needs to be! She said that they are more concerned about the baby's weight than mine. The only time they really get concerned is if you are gaining more weight than usual. She told me not to worry about it. She even told me a couple stories about other moms that barely gained any weight. In fact, she had a mom that delivered twins and she actually weighed less at the time of birth than what she did before she got pregnant!! And her twins weren't even preemies!! So, I am over that now. My weight gain really shouldn't be an issue at all. The baby's health is what is important!

We also talked about the "contractions" I have been having. My stomach gets really hard and then I feel a lot of pressure for bit and then it's gone. She said it could be braxton hicks or even the ligaments stretching a bit. No big deal. Just pay attention if they start getting worse or more uncomfortable. We also talked about doing another ultrasound. She is super nice and said that if we wanted another one (our insurance only pays for 2) then she would find some medical reason so we could get another one for free! God love her!! I think we will take advantage of that and do another one around 30 weeks,when we will really be able to see her good!! She also said that she looked over our last ultrasound and she did agree with the baby being a GIRL! Great, another confirmation, that's good!! We also talked about the inverted uterus situation and she said that it wasn't listed on my chart, but I could possibly have a retroverted uterus. No big deal, she said that it is "supposed" to mean it's harder to get pregnant, but she also has one and tried for one month and got pregnant with twins, so go figure!! I also go some good recommendations for pediatricians, so we will make our decision soon.

We also talked about my due date. I made sure she wasn't going to be on vacation around that time and she said no, she only takes vacation in March. Great! I also told her my desire to NOT give birth on July 4th and she said don't worry we can hold it off, if that's the case! Good, I don't' want two people in my house to have birthdays on holidays (kyle's a valentine baby)!! I actually got the feeling that she was hinting around that she expects me to go early, so Hooray for that!! J.J.'s heart rate was 144, just perfect!! She still kicks all the time and just this week I was typing at work and she kicked me so hard, it took my breath away!! Kyle finally got to feel a kick last night!! His face just lit up and it was really cute to see! I am happy that he finally felt it, I love sharing moments with him :)

We will be buying the crib and changing table in the next 2 weeks. Decision, Decisions.....I am so indecisive!! Oh well, it's just a crib, I need to just pick one and roll with it!! Probably around the first of March we will go and register! Yippie!! I cant' wait to cruise the aisles with Kyle and pick stuff out!

Here is a belly pic for you! I even included one of my face for you Deanna!!