Friday, April 3, 2009

Pay it Forward.........

Several weeks ago when I found out about my pre-term labor conditions, my good friend Morgan, put me in touch with one of her friends who had 2 pre-term babies. Morgan said, "you have to talk to Lisa, she has been through this and would love to talk to you!" So Lisa and I did some talking over Facebook and I found out a lot about Lisa and her family. Lisa and her family spent over 27 weeks in the hospital. Can you imagine? Lisa was so wonderful, she is a very upbeat person and very compassionate about premature birth. She helped me a lot! Well a ton actually. They always say, you won't understand until you go through it. Lisa went through it...twice, so talking to her really helped calm my nerves and keep me positive! And all of this and we have never even met! Lisa has a gift, she is a one of the most caring people that I know and really I don't even know her! On to the best part....

Wednesday, I came home from work and there was a big pink package on our doorstep. Kyle brought it inside and we opened it. This was inside the box.
The package was from Lisa and her family! Oh my gosh! They didn't have to get us anything! What did WE do? She is the one that provided all the help and guidance!! Inside the box was this!Can you believe this? Kyle and I were in shock that someone that we had never even met before could take the time & money to give something so wonderful to our unborn child. Needless to say, we were both so grateful and appreciative! I asked Kyle, "how are we going to ever thank them enough to let them know how much it means to us" ? He said, PAY IT FORWARD! Kyle said that we need to look for an opportunity to give back to someone that might not be expecting it or that we may not even know. Great idea! So I ask you, what have you done for someone today? Did you do your part? Well if you need somewhere to start, I have a great opportunity for you!

Lisa has formed a team for the March of Dimes walk. March of Dimes helps fund research to find out why premature birth happens and what can be done to prevent it. Premature birth is the #1 cause of newborn death and the biggest threat to babies' health today. Please click on Lisa's link to give a donation to this wonderful cause! www.marchforbabies.org/stacystampede

AND THANK YOU TO THE STACY FAMILY!! YOU HAVE TRULY TOUCHED OUR LIVES AND WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOUR GENEROUS GIFT!!