Monday, March 9, 2009

25 Weeks

I had my monthly appointment on Friday. It was time for the dreaded "glucose" test! I had heard terrible things about this "drink", so I was kind of nervous that I wouldn't be able to choke it down! The lab tech came out and said, I got two choices: orange or fruit punch, I went with fruit punch (I hate orange flavor anything!). She brought out this cup (that was way smaller than I had envisioned) and said I had 5 minutes to drink it. I did a little smell and then took a sip. Oh my, it wasn't bad at all, in fact, I liked it! It tasted like kool-aid with way too much sugar! I downed it in about 30 seconds and took it back to the lab tech. She looked at me with shock when I told her I was done. She said, it hasn't even been a minute! Well yah, I liked it :)
I got the results back today and it was good! They want to see your numbers between 70-139 and I was 105! Yah for me :)

So with that out of the way, on to the doctor (well nurse practitioner really)! I was a little disappointed in my weight gain. I figured I might be able to get away with only gaining about 10 pounds, but that hope is gone. I have gained 8 pounds so far. I am guessing by the time it is over, I will be at or near the 20 pound mark. Heartbeat was 144 and I finally got measured! Everyone keeps asking me, what are you measuring at??!! I didn't know, because they hadn't done that yet. Well, results are in and I am measuring 3 days ahead! Everything else was same old, same old.

As far as me, nothing new to report. Just the constant urge to go to the bathroom about every hour. I am still doing everything I was doing before getting pregnant. I am having extreme cleaning attacks. I am so ready to do some serious spring cleaning! I love to clean, I just pray that I can keep a clean tidy house after the baby is here or I will go nuts! I always say, we might not have the nicest, prettiest stuff, but damn it, it's clean!

Nothing new to report on the nursery. Crib and changing table are done. Kyle is in the process of stripping the dresser (its a dark wood now) so we can paint it white. I am still deciding on room decor. We voted against the wall mural. (tear, tear!) We know we aren't going to be living in our house very long, and it seems silly to have someone come and paint this great mural and then we move and it stays. I will just have to save it for another time & house! I have found one thing I would like to do above the crib. Kyle thinks it too extreme, but I think I finally have him talked into it. We are going to make the crown ourselves, since they sell for like 200 bucks (can anyone say overpriced)! I don't know, I might change my mind anyways. It is a little over the top, so we'll see!
I think we are close to selecting a name. Kyle pretty much calls it 2 names. It is so hard to pick a name. I seriously don't know how anyone could make a decision so fast! I need more than 9 months! It takes me like 2 hours to decide where I want to eat. How am I supposed to decide on a name for human that they will have the rest of their life???!!! I need someone to make the decision for me and Kyle is just the person!! :)

I am getting super pumped for March Madness!! No matter who you root for, it is such an exciting time! I am a little worried that I might go into labor if Purdue has a close game. I have a tendency to get out of hand and start yelling and jumping around!!

Here is the newest baby bump picture. My good friend at work, took this just today! I have really popped!!