Monday, March 30, 2009

One Step Forward, One Step Back

THE STEP FORWARD:
This Friday was my follow up appointment. I was already feeling under the weather, so I was hoping for some positive feedback! She checked me and my cervix had NOT thinned anymore, so we were thankful for that! I also was not having any contractions, YAH! She decided not to do the cervical cerclage because the risks outnumber the benefits at this point in time. Our game plan is: I need to continue to take my contraction medicine everyday until 32 weeks. After 32 weeks, it is all fair game and she will not try to stop labor at that point. She did say that she did not expect me to go 40 weeks. She said, it "could" happen, but she is thinking JJ will make her entrance around the 35-38 week mark. I am still on all my restrictions, BUT she did allow me to do some "mini" errands and get out some on the weekends when I see fit. She told not to go to any extra stuff (ie. events, celebrations, all the good stuff!!) Well, um I think I will be doing some violations on that! I have our department's Fashion Show this weekend (which I WILL be at) and I really want to go to my best friend Abby's sister (Courtney's) baby shower in a couple weeks! Plus Easter is coming up and that means a busy weekend! I guess I could just go to these things for like an hour or so, that might make up for the fact that I'm not supposed to be there!

We have an ultrasound coming up in about 3 weeks and from here on out I go every to the doc every 2 weeks. I am in my third tri-mester!! YAH :) I will update about that soon!

THE STEP BACK:
So the feeling under the weather thing. I had come down with the terrible sore throat! Well turns out I have strep throat....Great! So of course along with strep throat, comes.....body aches, fever, watery eyes, stuffy nose, you know everything nasty! I stayed home from work on Friday and had hit rock bottom Friday night. I have been getting better since, but still sound like Kermit the Frog! Geez, if it's not one thing, it's another!