Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Week 17 Update

I am now in Week 17! We went to the doctor last week and had our first "long wait" experience. We waited in the waiting room FOR-EVER and then when we went back to see the doctor the nurse said she had an emergency and I would have to see the Nurse Practitioner....great, let's go wait again for a different doctor! So anyways I see the Nurse Practitioner and everything is fine. My levels were great, I have actually lost 1/2 pound since my first appointment and the heart beat was still strong at 156. The one thing that did disturb me was the fact that the Nurse said I had an inverted uterus? WHAT? I never knew that. I am not too sure she knew what she was talking about, but it is on my list to ask my doctor next appointment!

I was also informed that when we come in for our ultrasound, if we want to do genetic testing we would have to do it then. We decided we are not going to do it. It's not going to change our minds in regards to having the child or not and why worry about it. Abby also informed me that like half of the results are false positives anyways!

Next Friday is our ultrasound!! I can't wait to find out the gender!! We don't care either way. We both want at least one of each so whatever comes first is fine with us! We are NOT doing ANYTHING this weekend, but cleaning out our closets in preparation of converting our spare room into the nursery. We were supposed to do this a while ago, but it keeps getting put off, so this weekend we are not leaving the house until the closets are done!
UPDATE: I forgot to mention that I also started feeling little movements! I thought I had felt some around Christmas, but wasn't sure. They are real quick and it feels like I just went on a roller coaster.....coolest thing! Kyle tries to feel them too, but I am pretty sure he won't feel anything until the kid starts kicking!!

Belly pic below. I think these sweatpants make my stomach look bigger than what it is, but take it for what it's worth......